21 Reasons I Love 21 Seasoning Salute
Let’s face it. Spices are expensive. And picking the right ones is a crapshoot, especially after a long day of work. Enter Trader Joe’s brand “21 Seasoning Salute.” It’s an all-purpose seasoning that’s good on everything. Plus, there’s zero salt!
So what’s is it?
Basically Onion Powder with a Kick
21 Seasoning Salute is basically onion powder with a kick. But if you’re looking for specifics, here’s are the 21 ingredients inside:
2-15. “Spices” (black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, mustard, coriander).
18. Orange peel.
19. Tomato granules.
20. Lemon juice powder.
21. Oil of lemon.
Citric acid is also an ingredient but not included in the 21 seasonings.
This little bottle is my go-to seasoning. I love that it’s perfectly NOYOKE:
Without further ado:
My salute to 21 Seasoning Salute
1. It’s super cheap. It’s only $1.99, people. Compared to all other spices on the shelf, 21 Seasoning Salute is a steal!
2. It’s salt-free. Not that salt is that bad for you. But since it’s salt-free, you are in control. Adding flavor doesn’t require adding more salt.
3. It’s great with anything that’s good with salt. Burgers, eggs, soups, etc. Pretty much anything you’d add salt to is made better with 21 Seasoning Salute.
4. Out-of-this-world eggs. Seriously. Wanna know the secret to making the tastiest scrambled egg whites on the planet? Sprinkle a little 21SS and prepare to be amazed.
5. Homemade dressings made easy. I have a few dressings in my repertoire. But, when I’m just making one up, I use the formula. Extra virgin olive oil, vinegar (balsamic or similar), and a few shakes of 21 Seasoning Salute.
6. Instant grill master status. Sprinkle some of this stuff on your grillables. Not just burgers, but grilled veggies, too. Then, let the compliments roll in.
7. No MSG. Not that it’s prevalent anymore, but it’s good to know.
8. Brings out flavors. Since there are so many seasonings, there is always something that perfectly accentuates the natural flavors of you food.
9. It travels well. Going camping or having a tailgate? Why bring a mess of spices? Salt and 21 Seasoning Salute is all you need.
10. Efficient cooking. Opening up spice jars, sprinkling, and closing ’em up takes time. With this stuff, it’s one and done.
11. Less cluttered kitchen. Clutter brings stress. Stress brings all sorts of unhealthy eating habits. With 21 Seasoning Salute, my kitchen is much less cluttered. I’m much less stressed. And I’m more likely to make good eating decisions.
12. It’s enhanceable. Salt is not the only thing that enhances 21 Seasoning Salute. Crushing the mix into finer pieces actually unlocks some flavors and releases essential oils.
13. Food looks better. Your foods’ appearance is crucial for ensuring good taste. Why do you think the best chefs are called culinary artists?
14. It’s all natural. Except for a little citric acid, there are no additives in this spice. Just 21 of the best spices.
15. Consistent cooking made easy. Your signature dishes can be good every time you make ’em. No more complaints about tonight’s batch being a little off.
16. Fresh hands. Adding fresh onions or garlic to your food is great. But what about your hands? Nobody likes onion fingers or garlic nails!
17. Grilled chicken goodness. People gush over my grilled chicken recipe. Here it is: 21 Seasoning Salute, Salt, crushed black pepper, sea salt.
18. Controlled spiciness. Cooking with 21 Seasoning Salute is like having a spiciness dial on the food. Since there is a lot of pepper in it, it doesn’t take long before your food gets a nice kick.
19. Good substitute to Sri Racha or Franks Red Hot. Add 21 Seasoning Salute to the list of stuff you’ll put on anything. It’s that good and that versatile.
20. Better soups. Standard chicken broth is so flavorful with a few shakes of this stuff. But other soups are better with it, too. Nearly all the boxed Trader Joe’s soups have room for a little 21SS.
21. An unforgettable name. Doesn’t it make you want to lineup at Trader Joe’s and literally salute the spice rack? Or, perhaps it conjures an image of 21 guns firing all the 21 spices into the air? Okay, maybe it’s just me.
Go get a $1.99 bottle of 21 Seasoning Salute today. You can thank me tomorrow.
Question: How else do you use 21 Seasoning Salute?