Here's how we Make Ranch Dressing (vegan and noyoke-style)
If you were to sum up the American diet, what would it be?
Sugar, salt and dairy, right?
Bottle that up and what do you get?
Here’s a dairy-free, no sugar added recipe you can whip up in any blender (Vitamix helpful, but not required).
It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s quick. And, dare I say it’s just like the real thing?
Here’s our NOYOKE-style ranch dressing.
Vegan ranch made in a blender.
- DRESSING BASE
- raw cashews - 1 cup, soaked (for two hours in water)
- unflavored, non-dairy milk - 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- lemon - 1/2 whole peeled
- garlic - 1 Tbsp. finely chopped
- something sweet - some stevia, honey, or a date
- dill - 1/2 tsp
- parsley flakes - 1 Tbsp.
- all purpose, onion-based seasoning - 1 Tbsp. (I used 21 seasoning salute)
- onion powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Soak raw cashews in water for two hours.
- Drain “soaking water” (so all you have left is soaked cashews!).
- Add soaked cashews, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sweetener to your blender.
- Blend on high for one minute.
- Add seasonings
- Mix by hand (or if you have a blender you trust won’t over process, you can use that).
- Snap a picture and tag #lifeisnoyoke
Useful tips for Ranch Dressing
Adjust lemon juice and apple cider vinegar levels for more or less acidity.
This is fabulous. Agree with using no sweetner at all.
How long will this keep? Its alot for 1 person! LOL!
Jason Boehlke -
It’s good, go sparingly on sweet, had to add another garlic clove and half of a lemon to reduce sweet, it may not need it at all depending on taste buds, but add small and increase, far easier as there is no measurement for sweet.
BRUNA DEPOLE CLARK -
I just made this and it was fantastic!!
Is it a ½ cup lemon juice or the juice of ½ a lemon?
Love your recipes!
Lenny Gale -
Half of a peeled lemon. We’ll update to clarify. Thanks!
Add to the instructions to “drain the soaking water from the cashews before using.”
Lenny Gale -
Updated. Thanks, Mary!