My easy dinner when there’s nothing to eat
Asian lettuce wraps like you’d get from a restaurant. Only you made these with ease. Such a great gluten-free, dairy-free, easy meal. Has been our fallback meal for weeks now.
At the time when I first posted this recipe, they were the best things I had ever made. Now, we make lettuce wraps like this all the time. And they’re not always Asian. I usually switch it up when I have my old consulting buddies over. That’d be like them hosting a party and serving bialies and lox.
Useful tips for making Asian Lettuce Wraps
The most important ingredient in this recipe is cilantro. It’s what makes these lettuce wraps Asian. Fresh cilantro is a must. A shaker of dried cilantro does not work. They’re completely different.
Ginger, however, from a spice shaker is pretty good. Freshly minced ginger, while amazing, is not necessary. Ginger is so strong, these wraps are good either way.
Asian Lettuce Wraps made from ground turkey, fresh peppers, and unique spices. Easy to make. Mouth watering.
- ground turkey - 1 lb
- iceberg lettuce - 1 HEAD
- yellow onion - 1 WHOLE
- garlic - A FEW cloves
- garlic powder - SOME
- salt - SOME
- lemon pepper - SOME
- cumin - 1 t
- peanuts - 1/4 CUP chopped
- lime juice - 5 T
- cilantro - quarter cup of the fresh stuff
- extra virgin olive oil - 2 T
- chili peppers - (optional) three small peppers chopped
- Chop the onions and garlic (easiest done in your blender)
- Sautee onions and garlic over extra virgin olive oil until translucent
- Cook the ground turkey on medium heat until no pinkish color
- Add garlic powder, salt, lemon pepper (a lot!), cumin, ginger (more the merrier!), lime juice, cilantro, peanuts, and peppers to cooked ground turkey
- Wash lettuce, remove leaves, serve.