This 6-ingredients butternut squash soup for your Vitamix is magnificant
Pumpkins, squash, gourds, wherever you look it’s fall.
Don’t get us wrong, we love decorating with produce. But we like eating seasonal ingredients even better.
This soup features a fall favorite, butternut squash. But instead of the basic recipe, we’ve kicked it up a notch with a unique flavor profile and extra protein (while still keeping it vegan)!
It’s simple, it’s filling, and it’s an impressive dish to serve your guests.
Butternut squash... boring
People asked why we didn’t have a butternut squash soup. We answered.
But we didn’t want to make just any butternut squash soup. We wanted to make one that made your mouth water. We wanted to make one that makes you look like you’re a classically trained chef. We wanted to make one that was Instagram ready.
So we made this simple but complex balsamic butternut squash bisque recipe with our Vitamix.
We googled it, you can call it a bisque if it’s a puree of vegetables and if you want to sound like an elitist (extra points if you listen to NPR while you make it).
Watch the video
Useful tips for Balsamic Butternut Squash Soup
This recipe is incredibly simple to make, but here’s a few tips that will help make it perfect.
You'll have most of the ingredients on-hand already. Lots of substitutions available:
- sub pumpkin or acorn squash for butternut
- sub other broth for vegetable broth
- sub onion for shallot
If you're lazy, cut your butternut squash in half and roast for a full hour. If you are in a hurry, cut into 1-2 inch cubes and roast for 30 minutes.
Keep your oven on and bake the rest of your tofu while you wait for the squash to cool.
This soup is an absolutely stunning color on it's own. But your Instagram pic will look even better if you garnish it with something green.
We used baked tofu as a garnish but it is also serving as some texture variance and extra protein.
Need we say more? Go make it!
(And when you do, tag @lifeisnoyoke or hashtag #lifeisnoyoke.)
This fall soup is creamy, filling, and vegan.
- butternut squash - 1 whole seeded
- tofu - 14 oz. package (397 g)
- vegetable broth - 1.5 cups (339 g)
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tsp (10 g)
- shallot - thumb sized piece
- garlic - 1-2 cloves
- salt - 2 tsp (11 g)
- garnish (rosemary, parsley, etc) - 4 sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the butternut squash in half (bake for 1 hour) or in 1-2 inch cubes (bake for 30 min)
- Cube 2/3 of your tofu package
- Take squash out of the oven and let cool until you can safely scoop from skin
- Bake cubed tofu while your squash is cooling (15 min)
- Add vegetable broth, scooped squash, 1/3 package of raw tofu, balsamic, shallot, garlic and salt to container
- If you have a preprogrammed setting on your Vitamix, choose the ‘Soup’ setting
– If not, ramp from variable speed 1 to high and blend for 5-6 minutes
- Check consistency, add more vegetable broth depending on your texture preference
- Garnish with something green and your baked tofu
- Snap a picture and tag #lifeisNOYOKE