This buffalo "chicken" dip is easy and tasty
We just made a version of this buffalo “chicken” dip featuring artichoke hears. It’s easy and pretty good, especially since it’s dairy-free and vegan.
Definitely worth making for its simplicity and utility. Hopefully we’ll keep toying with it to make it even better.
Easy and tasty buffalo "chicken" dip (100% plant-based)!
- raw cashews - 2 cups
- water - 1 cup
- lemon - 1 whole, peeled
- salt - 1 1/2 tsp.
- garlic powder - 2 tsp.
- onion powder - 2 tsp.
- buffalo sauce - 1 cup
- artichoke hearts - 1 14-ounce can, drained (in water *not* marinated in oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Soak the cashews (in tea-kettle-hot water) for five minutes
- Blend everything but the artichokes and buffalo sauce on high speed for one minute
- Add buffalo sauce and artichoke hearts
- Pulse in blender to chop and incorporate but not process fully
- Pour mixture into oven safe dish
- Bake for 30 minutes
Useful tips for Buffalo “Chicken” Dip
We used Sweet Baby Rays buffalo.
In the video, we followed the Nora’s recipe which called for lemon juice. But next time (and in the listed instructions here), we’re using a an entire peeled lemon because the Vitamix can handle it, there’s some bonus nutrition, and makes for a brighter taste than squeezed lemon from a plastic bottle.
Frozen artichokes are fine — just don’t use the oil-marinated ones.
Stores in the fridge for a few days. Reheats in the microwave well.