We've been keeping this artichoke dip to ourselves...
So here’s the deal. We’ve been making this recipe for over a year now.
We weren’t intentionally keeping it from you. But here at Life is NOYOKE we like to make original recipes (like these).
And this one? This one isn’t ours.
But… we have made some pretty awesome upgrades. For a homemade dip it’s pretty dang easy and the payoff is worth the effort.
Go make this hot, “cheesy”, gooey, bubbly dip for your family. You’ll start getting a weekly request.
That artichoke dip though!
It starts pretty simply. Some cashews in our Vitamix.
But then things escalate quickly. And I get really REALLY excited for this dip.
Although we have lots of dips and spreads in our Vitamix recipe index, this one is a favorite.
When I pop it into the oven I almost always perform an “ERR-MER-GERD” dance (see below).
I originally wanted to make a dip to impress Lenny’s family. But most of my repertoire included dairy and my new boyfriend was dairy-free.
When I don’t know what to make, I consult Pinterest (you can follow us here).
But not perfectly.
So I made it again.
It took us 5+ times, but we think we have the right method/ingredients now to make the perfect dip.
Here’s what it looks like when it’s done. Yum!
The trick here is to make some melty vegan cheese first.
We tried to experiment and make our own version.
But pretty much everyone that makes vegan melty cheese makes it this exact way. It’s chemistry after-all.
(The original source is vedgedout.com.)
Once you’ve made the cheese, you add the veggies, bake, and serve.
I’m a little calmer now that it’s out of the oven (but still very excited to get my dip on).
This vegan spinach artichoke dip is super tasty and an excellent replacement for cheese. Look at that gooey-ness!
Other Noteworthy Versions
- It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken: Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Melty, cheesy, satisfying dip.
- raw cashews - 3/4 cup
- water - 2 cups
- tapioca starch/flour - 7 Tbsp.
- nutritional yeast - 2 Tbsp.
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tsp.
- salt - 1 Tbsp.
- garlic powder - 1 tsp.
- marinated artichoke hearts - 1½ cups
- medium yellow onion - 1/2 whole chopped
- garlic - 5 cloves minced
- frozen spinach - 2 cups
- unsweetened almond milk - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1 tsp.
- pepper - to taste
- crushed red pepper (optional) - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop the onion and artichokes, mince the garlic
- Add all ingredients under “cheese” category into your Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 2 minutes
- Transfer to a small pot and cook on medium for 5 min
- Stir often
- Turn off heat when the cheese is stretchy off the spoon (picture above for your reference)
- Add all ingredients under the “dip” category into an oven-safe dish
- Mix in the cheese until it is spread evenly throughout (it will be lumpy)
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Bake for another 15 minutes
- Turn on your broiler and broil the top for 2-4 minutes (watch closely)
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes (the roofs of our mouths learned that the hard way)
- Serve with veggies, bread, or chips
- Share the love, #lifeisNOYOKE so we can cheer you on
Useful tips for (Dairy-free, delicious!) Artichoke Dip
Here’s a few tips (after quite a bit of trial and error).
Stop cooking the "cheese" when it has this consistency. You want it to be stir-able with the other ingredients.
It's tempting to make a couple of these and freeze one. Don't. We've found that the texture is slimy if you freeze and bake this recipe. Make it fresh, eat it straight out of the oven.
Suggested serving: bread, veggies, chips, spoon.