Try this chimichurri sauce for mind-blowing flavors
There’s nothing in it. But somehow, this chimichurri sauce is everything.
Please make this next time I come over for dinner. My cousins did!
This sauce is not typically served at a kids birthday party
Believe it or not, I recently tried chimichurri for the first time.
What’s crazier, it was served at little cousins’ co-birthday party. Mature taste buds for a 3 and 1-year old, right?
Well, I’m 99% sure the kids didn’t eat any of it. (Chimichurri is WAY too flavorful for children. And, because I ate it all.)
Here’s the pic of the chimichurri at the party. Labeled and everything!
Anyway, I often tell people “I’m definitely putting this on Life is NOYOKE.” But, rarely do I make it happen.
This one is the exception.
An incredible sauce that’s good on everything and made best in a Vitamix. How could I not?
So here’s Shalva with some tips on how to make it.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Wall Street Journal: No Cook Sauces for Summer Grilling
An incredibly tasty sauce that's good on everything.Cilantro, Garlic, Jalapeno, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Olive oil, Oregano, Parsley, Red Onion, Rice Wine Vinegar,
- Flat leaf parsley - fresh - 1 cup chopped
- Cilantro - fresh - 3/4 cup chopped
- Oregano leaves - fresh - 1/4 cup unstemed
- lemon juice - 2 Tbsp.
- red wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- red onion - 1/3 whole chopped
- garlic - 6 cloves
- jalepeno - 1/2 whole deseeded
- salt & pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 3/4 cup
- Add ingredients in order listed (minus olive oil) to Vitamix container
- Blend on variable speed 1 while pushing from the corners with the tamper
- After 1-2 minutes, ramp up to variable speed 5 for 1 minute
- Turn down to variable speed one and slowly pour in olive oil
- Sauce is done when there are little bits of green, before it’s homogenous
- (If you have time) refrigerate for 2 hours in airtight container
- Bring down to room temperature before serving
- Put on everything
- Snap a picture and tag us #lifeisnoyoke
Useful tips for Chimichurri sauce
You do not need to follow the recipe to the letter for this one. Just grab a big handful of greens and blend!
If you’re sensitive to garlic, use 3-4 cloves instead.
At first it seems like the Vitamix is struggling, just make sure to push with the tamper on low speed.
The consistency you are looking for is oily and has little bits of greenery. You do not want a homogenous mixture.
Sauce can be refrigerated for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.
For the parsley and cilantro, chop off the bottom of the stem where no leaves grow. You can leave the rest of the stem.
The oregano has to be removed from the stem. Push from the bottom up to loosen the leaves.
Remove the seeds from the jalapeño, otherwise the sauce is too spicy.