Mouth watering coconut ice cream
Over the last 15 minutes, I ate three bowls of this coconut ice cream while trying to figure out something clever to say about it.
Go make it.
And when it’s ready, prepare to be mesmerized.
It’s vegan and a great Vitamix recipe to make on a warm summer day.
As tasty as it is beautiful
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Prevention: Coconut Bliss
Coconut ice cream
Vegan ice cream with a taste of the tropics.
- maple syrup or agave - 3 Tbsp. (45 mL)
- vanilla - 1 tsp. (5 mL)
- coconut milk (full fat) - 1/2 cup (112 mL) frozen into cubes
- bananas - 2 medium frozen
- coconut flakes - 1/4 cup (20 g)
- Pour coconut milk into ice cube trays
- Freeze several hours or overnight (if possible)
- See useful tips above if you need a quicker method
- Add ingredients into Vitamix container in order listed
- Secure lid
- Ramp from variable speed 1 to 10, then high
- Use the tamper to push ingredients into blade from corners
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes
- Serve with an ice cream scoop
- Sprinkle coconut flakes
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisnoyoke
Useful tips for Coconut ice cream
We used a 32-ounce container on our G-Series Vitamix (a Pro 750). If you’re using a full size, 64 ounce container, you’ll probably need to make a double (or triple batch).
Read more about the Vitamix container situation here
Use frozen bananas so you don't have to dilute the flavor with ice.
If you don't have time to freeze the coconut milk. Use 1/2 cup in liquid form + 1 cup ice. Then place in a loaf pan to freeze after blending for an hour.
Tari A -
This sounds delicious. I haven’t made it yet, partly because I just found it and mostly because I only have a 64 ounce container with my new A3500. I’ve been considering a smaller container. I’ve checked with Vitamix and the only one compatible with my A3500 is a 48 ounce. I really don’t want a double or triple batch of this, so do you think I can do one batch in the 48 ounce?
I am so glad I found this recipe. I had an idea to make ice cream out of some coconut milk I wanted to use up and bananas. I didn’t have to go through the process of trial and error. It is delicious
Lenny Gale -
Heyhey! So glad you like it — share it with friends 🙂
Where can I get a book for my Vita-Mix 3500 I lost my book
Can you contact me at (289) 400-8015
Amazingly rich, smooth and yummy! My first nice-cream attempt ever came out beautifully!
Dorna Khorramzadeh -
Deeelish!!! Wonderful vegan ice cream that’s easy to make and so yummy ! So glad I found you guys ! Thank you!
Sharing all your recipes with family and the band !!
Lenny Gale -
We’re going to be feeding the band?!? Have them tell their live audience! 😉