Mouth watering coconut ice cream
Over the last 15 minutes, I ate three bowls of this coconut ice cream while trying to figure out something clever to say about it.
Go make it.
And when it’s ready, prepare to be mesmerized.
It’s vegan and a great Vitamix recipe to make on a warm summer day.
As tasty as it is beautiful
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Prevention: Coconut Bliss
Vegan ice cream with a taste of the tropics.
- maple syrup or agave - 3 Tbsp. (45 mL)
- vanilla - 1 tsp. (5 mL)
- coconut milk (full fat) - 1/2 cup (112 mL) frozen into cubes
- bananas - 2 medium frozen
- coconut flakes - 1/4 cup (20 g)
- Pour coconut milk into ice cube trays
- Freeze several hours or overnight (if possible)
- See useful tips above if you need a quicker method
- Add ingredients into Vitamix container in order listed
- Secure lid
- Ramp from variable speed 1 to 10, then high
- Use the tamper to push ingredients into blade from corners
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes
- Serve with an ice cream scoop
- Sprinkle coconut flakes
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisnoyoke
Useful tips for Coconut ice cream
Use frozen bananas so you don't have to dilute the flavor with ice.
If you don't have time to freeze the coconut milk. Use 1/2 cup in liquid form + 1 cup ice. Then place in a loaf pan to freeze after blending for an hour.