The holidays in a glass, vegan Vitamix style
This beverage tastes like you bottled up the flavor of the holidays. Nog!
It’s distinctly Christmas-y.
Best part is, it takes only minutes to make in your Vitamix.
Go spread some cheer and make this vegan egg nog. Your loved ones will love you even more!
Not an eggnog connoisseur
Gotta be honest here, I’ve only had eggnog a handful of times.
I didn’t like it. At all.
Every few years I’d tell myself my palate was more advanced, and I’d try again.
Now that we’re veganizing the website, I thought I’d give the jolly nog one more nod.
This stuff is good
I don’t know if this nog should be considered an eggnog equivalent. But it is dang good.
It’s thick, but not choke-it-down thick.
It’s flavorful, but not like Christmas-air-freshener flavorful.
And it’s easy, not like some-assembly-required easy.
The only prep necessary is to soak some ingredients. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill.
Go make this vegan eggnogish drink, it’ll quickly become a holiday tradition!
Useful tips for Vegan Eggnog
You can drink this as-is or add your favorite alcohol. We would suggest spiced rum or bourbon. That'll keep you warm!
If you don't have time to soak overnight, put your cashews in hot water for 30 minutes before blending.
Don't have the correct spices on hand? Throw some pumpkin pie spice in, it's pretty much the same thing.
Thick and creamy vegan nog.
- coconut milk (full fat) - 1/2 cup (120 mL)
- vanilla almond milk - 1 cup (240 mL)
- cashews (soaked) - 1/2 cup (75 g)
- dates (soaked) - 4 pitted
- cinnamon - 1 tsp. (5 g)
- nutmeg - 1/8 tsp. (1 g)
- cloves - 1/8 tsp. (1 g)
- Soak your cashews overnight.
- If that is not possible, soak them in hot water for 30 min.
- Soak dates in hot water for 30 min.
- Add all ingredients into your Vitamix container.
- Run on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Chill in fridge for at least one hour.
- Add alcohol of your choice (or not).
- Snap a festive pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Happy holidays!