A vegan, no-banana, pumpkin ice cream for your Vitamix
Are you sick of pumpkin flavored everything yet?
You absolutely have to make this vegan herbal pumpkin ice cream. It’s incredibly easy, healthy, and full of flavor.
Because, heck, fall is such a short season. We feel like we have to pack all of the harvest foods into our systems as quickly as possible.
Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin beer, pumpkin smoothies.
We’ve noticed just how orange our social media presence (esp. our Instagram) has been lately and we are totally okay with it.
Why? Because beyond being trendy, pumpkin is actually really good for you.
It’s packed full of Vitamix A, Vitamix C, antioxidants, magnesium, protein, fiber… the list goes on.
So we don’t feel even a little bad about throwing some pumpkin in the Vitamix and making some vegan ice cream.
Easy, creamy, and impressive
This Vitamix recipe is crazy easy, the only hard part is waiting for your ingredients to freeze.
Takes a bit of pre-planning, but man will your autumn guests be impressed!
You’ll find that this ice cream is not short on creaminess or flavor even though it’s low calorie and vegan.
So enjoy the heck out of it and have some extra scoops!
Watch the video
Take a closer look
Here it is naked.
And next to its maker, a Vitamix Pro 750 (and 32 ounce container).
And last but not least, the artistic, vertical, closeup. The centerfold, if you will.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
Creamy, flavorful, fall-flavored vegan ice cream
- herbal tea - 1 cup
- pumpkin puree (canned) - 1 cup
- coconut milk full fat (canned) - 1/2 cup
- pumpkin pie spice - 1/4 tsp.
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp.
- maple syrup - 2-4 Tbsp.
- Make a cup of herbal tea
- Let cool to room temperature
- Freeze tea into ice cube trays
- Freeze pumpkin puree into ice cube trays
- Stir the can of coconut milk until uniform
- Freeze coconut milk into ice cube trays
- Let everything freeze overnight
- Add 6 cubes of frozen tea, 6 cubes of pumpkin puree and 3 cubes of coconut milk to your Vitamix container
- Add spices and maple syrup
- Ramp from variable speed 1 to high
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients from the corners into the blade
- Since all of the ingredients are frozen, this will take 2-3 minutes
- Scoop your herbal pumpkin ice cream into bowls
- Top with your favorite toppings
- Snap a picture and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Pumpkin Ice Cream
Use an herbal tea with a flavor profile that will compliment pumpkin. We used pumpkin roobis tea from Trader Joes. You could also use chai tea, cinnamon tea, or black tea for a kick.
Use regulation-sized ice cube trays. We tried making this frozen dessert with our fancy rocks trays and the cubes were just too large to blend correctly.
For lots of our recipes any blender will do, in this case, you need a Vitamix. The combination of power and speed is no match for an all-frozen blend. For this batch we are using the Pro 750 and the 32 oz container.
If you're sharing with kids, add more maple syrup. It's a pretty strong pumpkin flavor without it. Top with more maple syrup, shredded coconut, pecans, or cinnamon chips.
The coconut plays a very mild role in flavor here, but if you're coconut averse, sub a frozen banana for the coconut milk. Just as creamy and shouldn't change the flavor much.
Post a Comment