The Fall Smoothie that Tastes Just like Pumpkin Pie
So why not have some pumpkin in our smoothie?
This smoothie uses the basic whole food, plant-based smoothie recipe. And when you make it right, it tastes JUST like pumpkin pie.
Except this pumpkin drink is NOTHING like pumpkin pie in the sense that it’s so dang healthy.
It’s something you can enjoy daily. My mother sure did.
21 straight days
You know we’re all creatures of habit, right? Find something that works and keep doing it.
Well, enter my mom.
After I introduced her to this drink, she liked it so much, she made it for 21 straight days.
And I get it. When there’s pumpkin around, and you’re going to make breakfast shake, why wouldn’t you make this one?
It tastes incredible. AND, there’s a good amount of nutritional benefit!
Icing on the (Pumpkin) Pie
Here’s one thing that makes this Pumpkin Smoothie even better: young eyes.
Pumpkin has a ton of Vitamin A.
Vitamin A, along with the stuff that makes pumpkins bright orange, cartenoids, helps your eyes feel less old!
Pretty cool, huh?
Cheers to pumpkin and to Fall!
Pumpkin pie meets healthy smoothie.
- vanilla almond milk (unsweetened) - 1 cup (240 mL)
- maple syrup - 1 tsp. (5 mL)
- canned pumpkin - 1/2 cup (115 g)
- pumpkin spice - 1/2 tsp (1.3 g)
- rolled oats - 1/4 cup (20 g)
- frozen banana - 1/2 whole
- ice - 1 cup (217 g)
- flaxseed, optional - 1 Tbsp (7 g)
- protein powder, optional - 1 scoop
- Add ingredients into container in order listed.
- Blend on high for a minute (or use the preset “smoothie” cycle).
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE.
Useful tips for Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
If you don’t love the taste right away, make it sweeter! You can add pitted dates or more maple syrup. (Protein powder is usually sweetened, so that should work, too.)
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.