A natural and more healthy PSL for your Vitamix
Is your pumpkin spice latte healthy? Depends where it’s from. If it’s a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, it’s probably not dairy-free, soy-free and all-natural.
This one I just made in my Vitamix? All of the above.
This pumpkin spice latte is no yoke. I think it tastes better than anything else out there. Real pumpkin and almond milk. So easy to make.
This one of my favorite fall Vitamix recipes. And it has been for a while…
A much-needed recipe refresh
This was one of my original recipes. (Photo above is the original featured image. Not so bad, if I do say so myself!)
Now, my food choices have changed dramatically since originally posting. We’re veganizing, these days.
But this recipe has remained pretty consistent.
We now use maple syrup for most of the recipes that used to call for Stevia. And we subbed out instant coffee (just don’t have it in the house anymore).
What’s the same?
I still love that the friction from the Vitamix blades is the only thing that heats this concoction to latte temp. Every time I take the lid off our Vitamix and see steam, I feel like a magician (again).
Before the recipe and new photos, here’s a quick throwback. Here’s my pathetically amateur video making this pumpkin spice latte. At least I’m wearing a shirt in this one!
Our videos have come pretty far, eh?
Anyway, go make yourself a healthier version of the pumpkin spice latte and enjoy sweater season.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Averie Cooks: Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Recipe Girl: How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Inspired Taste: Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home
Useful tips for Pumpkin Spice Latte
Espresso is ideal here, but not everyone has it on-hand. Cold brew concentrate is just as good (use 1/2 of what the recipe calls for) and in a pinch just use strong coffee (double the amount and use less almond milk).
Lattes are served at Starbucks between 145 and 165 degrees fahrenheit (62 - 74 degrees celsius). By running the soup setting once we were able to get our pumpkin spice latte to 155 degrees F (68 C), by adding 1-2 min we got it up to 165 F (74 C).
Pumpkin Spice Latte made with real pumpkin
- espresso - 1/3 cup (80 mL)
- almond milk - 1.5 cups (480 mL)
- maple syrup - 2 Tbsp. (30 mL)
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp. (5 mL)
- pumpkin puree - 1/3 cup (80 mL)
- pumpkin spice - 2 tsp. (10 mL)
- Add ingredients into your Vitamix container in order listed.
- Blend on high for five minutes or put on soup setting.
- Test temperature, blend longer to heat more (we did 6.5 min)
- Pour, serve, be warm.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE