A simple (yet flavorful) veggie burger you can make in your Vitamix
Some things are better homemade. Veggie burgers are one of them.
With just a few ingredients, tons of flavor, and the look of a traditional hamburger, these veggie burgers are a winner.
Yes, you should switch to veggie burgers
You love burgers. And you cannot see yourself ordering, buying, or making ones without meat, right?
I get it. Veggie burgers:
- Don’t taste like meat.
- Don’t look like meat.
- Simply are not something a guy (or gal) like you would ever do.
Once again, I get it. And quite frankly, it’s tough to argue your points.
But I do think you should switch to veggie burgers.
Now, I know some arguments simply will not get you to switch.
The perils of factory farming? (The 23 million animals slaughtered daily. The greenhouse gasses that amount to more emissions than all forms of transportation combined. The rampant, near slave labor conditions of its workforce.) I know it’s not enough.
The fact that red meat gives you cancer? Not enough either.
These impacts of eating meat are way too abstract and far-removed for us to care enough to switch to veggie burgers.
So here’s what will convince you.
I know what you like. You like to look good and feel great.
You want a sexy mind and sexy body.
When you switch to veggie burgers, that’s what you get. Immediately and forever.
And you know what? I am going to refute your earlier points.
- Burgers taste good because of great buns and the right fix-ins. The burger is just the filler.
- See the veggie burgers in this post? They look awfully burger-ish don’t they?
- Guys and gals like you are sexy, make a lot of money, and are powerful human beings. Veggie burgers, and their impact on your mind and body, get you that. (Yes, it’s a leap. But deciding to switch to veggie burgers is a feat of mental fortitude that really says something about who you are. And of course, the weight loss doesn’t hurt.)
Now, I realize you are here looking for a recipe for Vitamix veggie burgers. And the rant above is not necessarily for you.
But if you know someone who would benefit from the words above, please send it their way.
As always, thanks for reading.
And go make these veggie burgers today!
Useful tips for Veggie Burgers
Top em with your favorite things. A good bun and good fixins' are what make a burger.
- quinoa (cooked) - 1 cup (185 g)
- mushrooms - 1 cup (75 g)
- black beans - 3/4 cup (45 g)
- corn - 1/2 cup (87 g)
- onion - 1/4 cup (37 g)
- almonds - 1/4 cup (35 g)
- garlic - 2 cloves
- olive oil - to cover pan
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix container in order listed
- Blend on Level 4 for 30 seconds (you want to leave some texture)
- Heat pan and coat with olive oil
- Scoop 1/2 cup of mixture onto hot pan
- Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Drizzle the top side of the burger with olive oil
- Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Serve on bun or large lettuce leaf
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE