A refreshing, spring soup you'll love
Okay. Refreshing is NOT typically a word you use to describe a hot soup.
But somehow, this zucchini coconut soup is just that.
It’s good as a side dish or as a main course. Really, it’s just a great spring recipe.
I can’t wait to have it again. Def adding it to our go-to Vitamix recipe repertoire.
Go make this zucchini coconut soup today!
Quick video: Trying it live!
Other Noteworthy Versions
Useful tips for Zucchini coconut soup
Remember that all of the ingredients will eventually be blended. So don’t waste your time chopping into small pieces.
When transferring the soup from pot to Vitamix, use a ladle. Remember, it’s HOT!
If you want to let it cool a bit first, just run the blender longer (3 min) to reheat your soup.
This soup has a very coconut-y taste. If you’re not a fan, sub olive oil for coconut oil and almond milk for coconut milk. You’ll need to add a few cashews to thicken-up the consistency if you are eliminating the coconut milk.
Carefully ladle the hot soup into your Vitamix container. (Pictured is our VItamix Pro 750, FYI.)
If you need some texture in your soup, we suggest adding some crispy chickpeas or quinoa before serving.
Easy vegan spring soup that's healthy but doesn't taste like it!
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- onion - 1/2 chopped
- garlic - 3 cloves quartered
- zuccini - 2 large sliced
- vegetable stock - 3 cups
- coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1 tsp
- crispy chickpeas (optional) - 1/2 cup
- quinoa (optional) - 1/2 cup
- Wash all produce.
- Chop onion, garlic, zucchini.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sauté another few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and salt.
- Boil, then cover.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- CAREFULLY pour contents of pot into blender.
- Ramp your Vitamix from variable speed 1 to 10 then high.
- Blend for one minute (steam will escape the vented lid).
- Serve with crispy chickpeas or quinoa.
- Top with fresh parsley or chives if you want to get fancy.