Veggie Burgers, Pesto, The Best All-Fruit Smoothie Ever, and More!
Hi! Here’s what’s new, exciting, and thought provoking from our Life is NOYOKE world.
This is the online version of our weekly email newsletter, 5 Good Things. To get it delivered to your inbox on Saturdays, you can subscribe right here.
1. New blog posts, site updates, and other things we’re proud to be sharing
Few items to share and give thanks:
- Not sure if any of you do Reddit. But I shared an article about The Blender Salesman Who You Ignore at Costco and left a blog-post-sized comment basically saying this: If you see a Vitamix Rep demonstrating at Costco, don’t ignore her. Go say hi. Why? She, just like Shalva and I, are trying to make a connection. (Thanks for reading.)
- We published a short vid with an inside look into how we wrote our book, The Perfect Mix. Apparently the link to the vid didn’t work in an earlier email, so here’s one that does: Video: How to write a book (40 tips) (Thanks for watching.)
- We have nearly 8,000 followers on our Instagram. Yay! (Thanks for following.)
2. New recipe posts we’re drooling over
Some things are better homemade. Veggie burgers are one of them. With just a few ingredients, tons of flavor, and the look of a traditional hamburger, these veggie burgers are a winner. (Inside the post is a primer on why “yes, you should switch to veggie burgers.”)
+ This pesto features kale, but you really can make it with any green (traditionally it’s basil). So good, you’ll want to put it on everything. Seriously, you need to make this.
3. Classic recipes we’re re-showcasing
Sometimes you want a smoothie that’s functional. A meal replacement you take on-the-go. This watermelon smoothie? This baby is a treat. Refreshing, flavorful, and completely delicious, this watermelon smoothie is a must-try. Especially great with a little (not pictured) mint!
4. Vitamix news and updates we’re enjoying
Are you a Vitamix owner? Do you appreciate the work we do?
We’d love if you told a friend about us.
+ Four Vitamix FYI’s
1) Now through forever: (Starter Kit 1) Get a New Vitamix Owner Starter Kit with the purchase of any Vitamix through Life is NOYOKE. It’s a quick-start recipe cheatsheet, ebook, $20 coupon to LINY “U”, and Lifetime Priority Support as a thank you gift for buying through us. Read More »»
2) Now through May 14, 2017, save up to $90 on new Vitamix machines and get great deals on Certified Reconditioned. These deals are part of the big Mother’s Day sale. Read More »»
3) During the Mother’s Day Sale, Vitamix.com and Vitamix.ca have site-wide free shipping. If you’d like us to get credit for the sale, be sure to use our → link to vitamix.com before you checkout and look for (06-NOYOKE) near the promotion code box to ensure we get credit. Thanks!
+ Because it’s pretty, this picture of the new 20 oz Personal Cup Adapter for Legacy (full-sized, non-Ascent) machines.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes Shalva and I (Lenny) hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our affiliate links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.
5. Articles, posts, and products from around the web we’re thinking about
Brooklyn Borough President, Eric L. Adams, went vegan and reversed his diabetes! Read his story in this interview with Black Vegans Rock.
+ Staying on theme of politicians going plant-based, here’s Bill Clinton: Going Vegan Has Kept Me Alive
Our pal, Kathy, made some mouth-watering pot pies.
A 10-day Green Smoothie Program from Tracy and Davy at Incredible Smoothies called Blend. (Let us know if you sign up!)
Okay, all for now.
Thanks and good things,
Shalva and Lenny