The creamy, vegan, alfredo sauce we love
This pasta sauce is absolutely not alfredo.
But if you don’t do dairy, THIS recipe is the next best thing.
It’s creamy, it’s cheesy, it’s vegan alfredo sauce.
And let me be the first to say, it’s really, really good.
Another cauliflower recipe that's great in a Vitamix
This is the 8th cauliflower recipe we’ve made in the last eight weeks. So to say we’re overdone on cauliflower is an understatement.
But over fresh pasta, this sauce does NOT taste like blended, boiled cauliflower.
It tastes like alfredo!
It’s definitely a Vitamix-friendly recipe, but can be made in any blender.
This sauce has officially become part of our repertoire and hopefully it will for you, too.
P.S. The quick video demo really makes this sauce come alive.
Here’s how to make creamy, vegan alfredo sauce (4:51)
If you want to see more of this type of Vitamix video, here are a 100+ minutes of HD Vitamix demonstrations.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Oh She Glows: Cauli-power Fettuccine Alfredo (vegan)
Vegan alfredo that definitely satisfies
- cauliflower - 1 head
- olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- mushrooms - 2 cups
- minced garlic - 1 tbsp.
- almond milk - 1/4 cup
- lemon - 1/4 of a whole peeled
- nutritional yeast - 1/4 cup
- garlic powder - 1 tbsp.
- onion powder - 1 tbsp.
- salt - 1 tbsp.
- pepper - to taste
- pasta or spaghetti squash - 4 servings
- Wash your produce
- Cut the cauliflower into florets
- Cut the mushrooms into fourths
- Mince the garlic
- Peel the lemon and cut into fourths
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Boil the cauliflower for 5 minutes
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower
- Add your pasta to the boiling water
- Cook based on package instructions
- Drain pasta
- Heat olive oil in small pan
- Add mushrooms and garlic
- Saute until browned, 5-7 minutes
- Pour the almond milk into the container
- Add cauliflower
- Add the lemon
- Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper
- Blend on medium for 1-2 minutes using the tamper until smooth
- Add 1/4 of your mushroom/garlic mixture to the blender
- Pulse 3-4 times so there are visible pieces in the sauce
- Plate pasta
- Pour sauce on top (or toss with sauce)
- Serve the remainder of the mushrooms and garlic on top
- Salt & pepper to taste
Useful tips for Alfredo Sauce
This vegan alfredo is pretty darn easy to make. Here are a few tips.
While it's best served over REAL pasta, it's pretty darn good over spaghetti squash.
I used my Vitamix Pro 750, but really any blender should work fine.
I made this last night, came out pretty good. I think I’ll add more almond milk to thin it out some for my liking.
Does this recipe freeze well?