How to Make a Smoothie that Tastes Just like Apple Pie
Make no mistake. This is a drink.
It’s not pie.
But if you took a bite of chilled apple pie and washed it down with a glass of almond milk, this is what it would taste like.
This apple pie smoothie is one of those you make once and then make daily for weeks, especially after a visit to the apple orchard.
Heck, I recently found a sign reminding me of this drink.
Do visit apple orchards. Do not waste apples. (Make one of these smoothies!)
There’s a lot to dislike about apple orchards. They’re:
- A schlep.
- Not an inexpensive activity.
- Usually filled with oblivious children.
- A sign that summer is over.
- Something that everyone on Instagram likes to show that they’re doing.
But you know what? They’re the good kind of romantic. Real romantic.
And when you’re done, you get to take home a ton of delicious, locally grown apples.Just be sure not to let your apples go to waste. Make some apple sauce or one of these delicious apple pie smoothies. 🙂
Apple pie is an american favorite -- sweet, savory and tastes like home. Here's a new version, America! This is full of protein and a guilt-free opportunity to enjoy apple pie!
- almond milk - 1 cup (240 mL)
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp. (2.5 g)
- apple - 1 medium or 1.5 small
- date (pitted) - one whole
- rolled oats - 1/4 cup (20 g)
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp. (1.3 g)
- banana (peeled & frozen) - 1 whole
- ice - 1-2 cups (217-434 g)
- Add all ingredients into Vitamix container (just one cup/217 g of ice)
- Blend on high for 50 seconds or use the preset “smoothie” function
- If you’d like your smoothie thicker, add another cup of ice
- Blend again on high for 30 seconds
- Pour into a large glass
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Apple Pie Smoothie
Keep the skin on the apples to get all that dietary fiber and vitamin-rich goodness.
Also great as a smoothie bowl! Just add granola, raisins, and seeds.