How to make banana ice cream in a Vitamix
Haven’t made banana ice cream in your Vitamix yet? It’s simple.
Some people call it “nice cream.” We just call it delicious.
Here’s how to make banana ice cream in your Vitamix. But first know this:
Banana ice cream is nothing but bananas
A little story for ya.
Banan, a banana ice cream shop in Honolulu sells cups of nice cream for $10. (Here’s Shalva and I with my mom post-beach enjoying our treats.)
Ask them how they make it, and they’ll say they’re bound to a non-disclosure agreement and cannot tell you the secret.
Their nice cream was good. And it was nicely shaped like soft-serve.
It scoops like ice cream. It tastes like ice cream. It looks like ice cream.
Go make some today!
Banana nice cream. Ice cream made with just bananas. Dairy free, easy and delicious.
- NICE CREAM
- frozen bananas - 2 whole
- CHICK PEA COOKIE DOUGH
- almond butter - 1/3 cup (82 g)
- chickpeas (drained) - 1 15 oz can (425 g)
- vanilla - 2 tsp. (10 mL)
- coconut sugar - 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
- salt - pinch
- vegan choc chips - 1/3 cup (60 g)
- Add two frozen bananas (in thirds) to your Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds
- Push ingredients with the tamper from the corners into the blade
- Add any mix-ins you desire and pulse a couple of times
- Scoop directly out of the container
- Add all ingredients (other than chocolate chips) to your Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 1-2 min using the tamper to push ingredients into the blade
- Stop when dough-like consistency is achieved
- Put blended mixture into bowl
- Place that bowl in the fridge for 30 min
- Stir in choc chips
- Make “chunks” by hand
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Banana Nice Cream
Freeze your bananas by peeling, cutting, then freezing on a sheet. Related:
There are a ton of flavors you can add to your banana ice cream. Pictured above is with chickpea cookie dough chunks. Other delicious version of ice cream made nice cream-style:
This recipe is designed for narrow-bodied, low-profile containers, like the 48-oz container for Ascent or the one that comes with the E310). If you’re using a low-profile, 64-ounce container (like the one that comes with Ascent Series Vitamix machines), you’ll need to triple the recipe.
Re-freezing works okay, but isn't nearly as good as enjoying it fresh. A blended, frozen banana isn't as good as a re-frozen bunch of blended, frozen banana. Trust us.
If you are not serving immediately (or are making a triple batch), use the "pre-portion" technique. Scoop it, and freeze it in the dish you plan to serve it in or in a cupcake pan. Let thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes Shalva and I (Lenny) hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our affiliate links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.