A healthy, scrumptious, treat you can feel good about!
We’ve been seeing versions of something like this make its rounds around social media. So we decided to take a crack at making chickpea cookie dough too.
Turned out pretty awesome (if we do say so ourselves).
This is a no-prep, no-bake, no-guilt treat. Go make some, you’ll want to eat the whole batch!
Try this cookie dough -- it's delicious!
Lenny’s Mom made him a version of this recipe last time we were home in MN. He loved it.
His sisters, on the other hand, did not.
Speaking as someone that also enjoys baked goods occasionally, I can understand why.
It’s got no butter, no flour, and barely any sweetener. It’s main ingredient is also chickpeas.
And that just sounds gross. Chocolate chip hummus? No thanks!
But if you’ve got the mindset of a healthy eater (like Lenny does and I try to), it’s actually quite delicious.
No, it doesn’t taste exactly like cookie dough, but it sure is close.
Know what it doesn’t taste like at all? Chickpeas!
We’ve come up with some creative uses for it, but you can also just enjoy with a spoon.
Useful tips for Chickpea Cookie Dough
If you don’t have almond butter you can make some or use cashew/peanut butter instead.
The darker color is due to us roasting our own almonds to make almond butter. If you’re feeding this to children or picky eaters, you may want to use cashew butter. The more it looks like cookie dough, the more it tastes like it!
- Dipped with fruit
- Spread on graham crackers
- Chunked and mixed into banana ice cream
- Scooped into PB cup-like creations
- Rolled into balls and frozen
- As the middles of “cake” pops
- On a spoon!
Gluten free, dairy free choc chip cookie dough you can eat with a spoon.
- almond butter - 1/3 cup (82 g)
- chickpeas (drained) - 1 15 oz can (425 g)
- vanilla - 2 tsp. (10 mL)
- coconut sugar - 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
- salt - pinch
- STIR IN
- vegan choc chips - 1/3 cup (60 g)
- Add all ingredients (other than choc chips) to your Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 1-2 min using the tamper to push ingredients into the blade
- Stop when dough-like consistency is achieved
- Put blended mixture into whatever you plan to serve in
- Place that container in the fridge for 30 min
- Stir in choc chips
- Serve with one of our suggestions above
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE