It’s light, it’s refreshing and it’s just the right amount of spicy. And this whole-food juice is an absolute gem.
Yes, it has a silly name.
But that’s because its creator is silly too 🙂
This green juice from the Blender Babe is kickin'
I hope to do this a lot more with the Vitamix Recipes featured here.
And this recipe is a great start.
Tarashaun Hausner, creator of Blender Babes, was in town for a convention. She was working at a booth doing what she does best — comparing blenders. (Here’s her Vitamix vs Blendtec mega post.)
Long story short, we hosted the Blender Babe while she was in town and took the opportunity to shoot a few vids.
This one, “Answering: What do you think of juicing?” was a lot of fun to make and answers the question I get a lot.
Anyway, at the end of the vid, she showed me one of the whole food juices from her free juice detox. It’s called I am spicy hot (I refuse to spell it how she does on her website), and is really, really good.
Video: Answer to “What do you think of Juicing?”
This is a great addition to the list of juices (not smoothies) you can make in a blender. Go make it!
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Blender Babes: Juice Detox Drink 4 ~ I AM SPICE-C HOT
A light, refreshing and just the right amount of spicy green juice.
- coconut water - 1.5 cups (335 mL)
- pineapple (chopped) - 1 cup (225 g)
- banana (peeled) - 1 whole
- apple (cored) - 1 whole
- orange (peeled) - 1 whole
- spinach - 1 cup (30 g)
- kale - 1 cup (67 g)
- jalapeno (deseeded) - 1/2 tsp (2 g)
- ginger - 1/2 tsp (2 g)
- ice - 2 cups (434 g)
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix container
- Select Variable speed #1 and then ramp to high (or choose the pre-programed smoothie setting)
- Blend for 1.5 minutes
- Kick it into high gear with this spicy juice!
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE and #BlenderBabes
Useful tips for Blender Babes’ I am Spicy Hot (green juice)
For the pineapple and banana you can use fresh or frozen. If using frozen fruit, use less ice.
This recipe makes 6 cups, to make a half-batch, half all of the ingredients except the coconut water. Use 1 cup (8 oz).