This shake tastes like birthday cake
Like birthday cake? Here’s a simple shake that tastes just like it.
It’s the Cake Batter Shake. And it tastes delicious year round.
An update to a classic shake that tastes like cake
I originally made this shake in 2013 to coincide with my 28th birthday. Here’s a picture from my first.
Things have changed a bit since then.
I’m nearly 32 now. My Vitamix is now our Vitamix.
And I’m married to a woman who grew up dreaming of being a food stylist. (Related: Here’s a picture from Shalva’s first birthday.)
That means photos of birthday cake shakes don’t look like this anymore. (Here’s the picture from the original post. Yikes.)
Now they feature pink sprinkles. And look like this (and are fit for a bday princess, like me):
As my birthday approaches this week, I feel blessed to still be doing Lifeisnoyoke full time. Cheers to four more years.
Cake Batter Shake deliciousness. Have it daily.
- almond milk (vanilla) - 1 3/4 cup (420 mL)
- vanilla extract - 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
- dates (pitted) - 2
- raw oats - 1/4 cup (22 g)
- frozen banana - 1 whole
- ice - 1 1/4 cup (270 g)
- (optional) flaxseed - 1 Tbsp (20 g)
- (optional) protein powder - 1 scoop
- Add all ingredients into your Vitamix container.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds using the tamper if necessary.
- Pour into tall glass.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisnoyoke
- Happy birthday!