A delicious smoothie with tofu (instead of chalky protein powder!)
Yes, you can put tofu in a smoothie.
Yes it tastes good.
You just have to do it right.
Here’s a fruit smoothie with tofu (for a little extra protein). Great after a workout or as a meal replacement.
And since we associate tofu with yoga, we’re calling this drink the Peach Pose. Here’s why we made it (and why you’ll want to, too!).
It’s only 250 calories for a 12 oz. serving. And is packed with 11 grams of protein.
Let's talk tofu (as an alternative to protein powder)
We try our best to get plant-based nutrients from whole foods. Translation: nothing that needs processing in a facility.
But life is not how it may appear on social media. Sometimes you need a quick protein infusion in a glass.
Protein powder does the job. But of course, it has its limitations. Protein powder:
- Is not great with citrus flavors.
- Has a flavor profile that can get boring.
- Has a consistency that can sometimes feel…chalky.
So what’s an alternative?
Enter tofu in a smoothie for added protein. Done right, you cannot taste the tofu.
Do soy products have their controversies? Of course.
But besides unaltered plants, what food doesn’t?
Everything in moderation.
And all things considered about tofu, putting it in your smoothie occassionally totally fits a lifestyle of good choices. A lifestyle that’s no yoke (#lifeisnoyoke).
Go make this smoothie today. It’s delicious.
- almond milk (unsweetened) - 1/2 cup (120 mL)
- tofu - 3 oz.
- rolled oats - 1/4 cup (23 g)
- dates (pitted) - 3 whole (21 g)
- coconut milk (low fat & frozen) - 6 cubes (if not frozen, 1/3 cup (80 mL))
- peaches (frozen) - 2.5 cups (340 g)
- Add ingredients into Vitamix container in order listed
- Choose the smoothie preset option or ramp from variable speed 1 to 10
- Blend on high for 60 seconds
- Serve with a straw
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE