Pizza dough made in a Vitamix!
We’ve been hearing for years that you can make pizza dough in your Vitamix. We make everything in our blender (seriously, look at our usage reports). But for some reason, we hadn’t given it a try.
Now we feel silly. It was so easy, so fast, and pretty dang good.
You likely already have the ingredients in your pantry.
Whip up some pizza dough for dinner tonight; homemade pizza is a really fun project for the family!
Kid-friendly pizza project
This was our first attempt at pizza dough in our Vitamix. So we stuck with their suggested recipe.
There are only four ingredients and from start to finish the project took less than 30 minutes.
The absolute best part about this pizza? The process!
We had so much fun making the dough, stretching it into pizza shape, and playing with toppings!
The pizza pictured below is vegan cheese with green olives (a family favorite) and purple onions.
Turned out pretty well. Our only complaint? It was kinda bland.
Now, we’re not sure… we might just be pizza snobs (we’ve lived in Chicago for 10+ years). But to us, the crust lacked pizzaz.
So although our toppings were great, (second pizza pictured is vegan cheese, pesto, heirloom tomatoes, and pine nuts) we were underwhelmed.
So, for now, if you’re making this for your family, the kids are gonna love it! Give us a couple weeks for a crust that wows the older crowd. We’re committed to perfecting Vitamix Pizza Dough 🙂
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Vitamix: Thin Crust Pizza Dough
An easy and quick kid-friendly pizza dough
- flour - 3 cups (375 g)
- instant fast-rise yeast - 1 3/4 tsp.
- salt - 1 1/4 tsp.
- hot water - 1 cup (240 mL)
- olive oil - 3 3/4 tsp.
- Add all dry ingredients into your Vitamix container
- Pulse on level 10 a few times
- Slowly add the water & oil through the lid plug
- Pulse on level six 30 times
- Replace lid and pulse until a ball forms
- Once ball has formed, blend for 15 seconds
- Preheat oven to 425
- Remove from container (flour or oil your hands)
- Place in greased bowl and let rise for 10 min
- Stretch into 12 inch (30 cm) crust
- Top with whatever you like
- Bake for 10 min
- Broil on high for 2 minutes
- Slice and serve piping hot
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Pizza Dough
To get that pizza-shop look, we turned the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes at the end. It got the (vegan) cheese bubbling and the crust browned.
Stretch the dough from the sides, not the middle. We got a much better shape on the red sauce pizza with that method.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.