Recipe Index Revamp, Trump Tweeted Us, Vegan Hamentashen, and More!
Hi! Here’s what’s new, exciting, and thought provoking from our Life is NOYOKE world.
This is the online version of our weekly email newsletter, 5 Good Things. To get it delivered to your inbox on Saturdays, you can subscribe right here.
1. New blog posts, site updates, and other things we’re proud to be sharing
We revamped our Recipe Index. More visual and useful for finding the most popular recipes. Have a look!
+ We uploaded a 2-minute YouTube vid that’s just-for-fun. How Geckos Relieve Lower Back Pain
+ We got a bit of bad press from the White House. You know what they say, though.
(The CNN screengrab above is also just-for-fun. You can make your own for free in two seconds at the Trump Generator. Fun!)
2. New recipe posts we’re drooling over
Jewish baking, like most other cultures, utilizes butter, sugar, flour, and eggs for most recipes. So when Robin suggested we make hamentashen while she was in town, we knew we had to get creative.
+ One cool thing about living and working in Hawaii? Access to so many different items with Asian influence. We’ve been experimenting a little and came up with this awesome edamame hummus. It’s a crowd pleaser!
3. Classic recipes we’re re-showcasing
The recipe that requires no recipe at all. Five ingredients, as fresh and locally sourced as you can find, blended in two layers for that varied consistency. It’s 5-ingredient California Salsa. So good.
+ The green smoothie that started it all. The not too sweet, not green-tasting, luscious green gold: Here’s a freshened up Carolyne’s Green.
4. Vitamix news and updates we’re enjoying
Canada friends: Few things.
- I have a crush on your country. Health care, Prime Minister, flag, everything. Just thought you should know.
- Looks like our links to vitamix.ca and promo code still gets you Free Priority Shipping, an C$80 value. Not sure how long this will last and revert to free standard shipping. (We were not notified of this offer, so it could go away at any time.)
- We made a special page for Vitamix shoppers in Canada thats loaded with useful insights for ya.
+ United States friends: The Smoothie Box offer got extended and goes through March. Yay!
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.
5. Articles, posts, and products from around the web we’re thinking about
The next quinoa? General Mills is experimenting with the sustainable grain kernza. (We are rooting for cultivation without exploitation.)
+ The biggest threat to middle-age men? Actually, it’s not food-related. Loneliness poses the biggest threat. (Related: people congregate around bowls of cashew queso.)
Okay, all for now.
Thanks and good things,
Post a Comment