A Green Smoothie Recipe made with Wisdom
If you’ve ever had someone look at your work and say, “I could do better,” you know the feeling.
It’s not fun.
And she was right!
Hers way was healthier. It was tastier. It looked better.
So there’s one ingredient I’ll always think of when I make this drink: humble pie.
Why it's called Carolyne's Green Smoothie
There’s always an opportunity to get better. To learn from someone.
To be inspired.
It’s a cliche, people, but adopting a whole food-focused diet is a journey.
If you think you’ve reached the destination, the fun is over. As is, obviously, your journey.
This drink got me excited about green smoothies again.
Sure, it’s a delicious, nutritious drink that made me feel good.
But it’s more than that.
Carolyne’s Green Smoothie was a renewal for me.
I hope it’s a renewal for you.
The perfect "template" for any green smoothie.
- almond milk - 1 cup (240 mL)
- kale - 1 cup (67 g)
- banana - 1/2 whole, peeled
- orange - 1/2 whole, peeled
- frozen mango - 1 1/2 cup (140 g)
- (optional) flaxseed - 1 Tbsp. (10 g)
- Add ingredients to your blender. (Any blender is fine, but you’ll get the best results with a Vitamix.)
- Blend for 60-90 seconds.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE.
- Be happy.
Note: You can always substitute spinach for kale (or go 50/50).
Useful tips for Carolyne’s Green Smoothie
If you’re using a Vitamix, be sure to use the proper method.
Also great as a smoothie bowl!