A veganized version of broccoli cheese soup to make in your Vitamix
There are certain comfort foods that you just miss when you veganize your household.
For me, broccoli cheddar soup is one of them.
Doesn’t matter the season, snowy, rainy, windy, tropical… it’s always been a favorite.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier. Steam some broccoli and then throw all of your ingredients into your Vitamix.
It’s hearty, it’s comforting, and best of all, it’s dairy-free!
Make a batch for dinner tonight, you’re going to love it.
So easy, your sous chef could make it
I conceptualized this soup, bought all of the ingredients, and started to really crave the taste.
But then I got busy. Like crazy busy.
So I sent my sous chef, Lenny, a text.
With those simple directions, I came home from running errands to a piping hot bowl of soup.
Well, the soup he served me was pretty good. But it wasn’t quite NOYOKE quality.
Side note: We’ve got a little joke in our kitchen that I always come in for the save.
For broccoli cheddar soup, you’re looking for a mild flavor. So I brainstormed what could cut the taste of the distinct nacho-ness a little.
Tofu! It’s virtually tasteless, has loads of protein and got us better optics (much closer to the original’s color and texture).
Make this soup and you’ll have a winner winner chicken-less dinner!
Vegan comfort food served piping hotAlmonds, Broccoli, Cashews, Nutmeg, Nutritional Yeast, Red Bell Pepper, Tofu, Vegetable Broth,
- broccoli - 1 head (400 g)
- almond milk - 1 cup (240 mL)
- nutritional yeast - 1/4 cup (60 g)
- raw almonds - 1/2 cup (70 g)
- raw cashews - 1/2 cup (65 g)
- red bell pepper - 1 whole (de-seeded)
- kosher salt - 2 tsp (11 g)
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp (1.5 g)
- onion powder - 2 tsp (5 g)
- crushed red pepper - to taste
- vegetable broth - 1 cup (240 mL)
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp (.5 g)
- tofu - 1/2 block (210 g)
- Steam some broccoli
- Save on the side for a moment
- Add all ingredients under the CHEESE category to your Vitamix container
- Ramp from variable speed 1-10
- Blend on High for 4-5 minutes (or use “Soup” preset”)
- Taste a little, so good
- Add broth, nutmeg, and tofu
- Blend for another 2 minutes on High
- Add your broccoli
- Pulse on variable speed 4 about 5 times
- You want to keep some texture
- Serve straight from the container to the bowl
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE