A Humbling Amazon Review, Incredible Corn Soup, Thai Peanut Sauce, Last Mother’s Day Reminder, and More!
Hi! Here’s what’s new, exciting, and thought provoking from our Life is NOYOKE world.
This is the online version of our weekly email newsletter, 5 Good Things. To get it delivered to your inbox on Saturdays, you can subscribe right here.
1. New blog posts, site updates, and other things we’re proud to be sharing
I want to tell you about an Amazon review we got for our eBook.
3-stars, thoughtful, and well-written. These are the best kind of Amazon reviews.
Savvy Amazon shoppers know most of the 1-star and 5-star reviews are useless. It’s the tempered, moderate feedback that’s the most useful.
This particular review was more than constructive feedback. It felt like a break-up letter.
Nostalgic, disappointed, but somehow at ease with the reality.
She “felt betrayed.” Like for us, it was now “all about the money.”
She felt like we were no longer serving the people.
My initial thoughts:
- We’ve become hyper-focused on the one thing we’re best at.
- We are doing fine, but by no means are living in abundance.
- Shoot. She’s right.
Perceptions are reality.
We slowed down a bit on YouTube vids. And despite the fact that money earned generally is a good indicator of how much value you’re providing to people, our primary performance metric lately is no longer personal satisfaction with our work. It’s how many Vitamix machines we sell.
Yes, we believe in the product. Yes, we support new owners no matter where they bought.
But these days, Shalva and I are Mr. and Mrs. Vitamix. That’s our role right now, and we’ve come to own it.
Do we want Life is NOYOKE to be more than that? More than just Vitamix reps?
But right now, it’s our greatest service to you. Vegan Vitamix recipes and helping you buy.
And while that Amazon review was not fun to read, it’s been a good thing for us. We’re refocusing on YouTube vids featuring humility (like this one about it being awesome that you got a Ninja), while also owning what we’re best at: Vegan Vitamix Recipes and showing you which Vitamix to buy (now also in video form, updated for 2017).
The best part of all this?
Feeling comfortable being you. Well, us.
Not something to everyone. But one thing to a few.
That few is you.
Thanks for reading.
2. New recipe posts we’re drooling over
Sauces. You can find good ones in the grocery store. But great ones? Great sauces, you gotta make. This Thai Peanut Sauce is no exception.
+ This soup. It’s healthy, hearty, and super flavorful. Since you can buy a version of this at Trader Joe’s it’s certainly not for everyone. But if you’re an overachiever looking to “wow” some guests, give this Creamy Corn and Roasted Pepper Soup a try. It’s incredibly, mouth-wateringly good.
3. Classic recipes we’re re-showcasing
Tomorrow if Mother’s day. And if you’re a procastenator like Shalva and I, here’s a recap of a few things you should consider making your mom.
+ We refreshed a nice little salad dressing, too: Chia seed dressing.
4. Vitamix news and updates we’re enjoying
+ Four Vitamix FYI’s
1) Now through forever: (Starter Kit 1) Get a New Vitamix Owner Starter Kit with the purchase of any Vitamix through Life is NOYOKE. It’s a quick-start recipe cheatsheet, ebook, $20 coupon to LINY “U”, and Lifetime Priority Support as a thank you gift for buying through us. Read More »»
2) Now through May 14, 2017, save up to $90 on new Vitamix machines and get great deals on Certified Reconditioned. These deals are part of the big Mother’s Day sale. Read More »»
3) During the Mother’s Day Sale, Vitamix.com and Vitamix.ca have site-wide free shipping. If you’d like us to get credit for the sale, be sure to enter 06-007938 in the Promotion Code box at checkout. Thanks!
+ Because it’s back in stock and tomorrow is Mother’s Day, here’s a pic of my Mom getting to know our Brushed Stainless A3500.
Life is NOYOKE is our vegan Vitamix recipes, basically. When you use links from our site to vitamix.com or vitamix.ca and enter our promotion code 06-007938, we get credit for purchases and earn a small commission. That helps support our mission of accelerating worldwide adoption of a plant-based diet and is greatly appreciated. Thank you. — Shalva and Lenny Gale
5. Articles, posts, and products from around the web we’re thinking about
From One Green Planet: This Stat From Grubhub Totally Disproves Eating Vegan is ‘Hard’
Okay, all for now.
Thanks and good things,
Shalva and Lenny
P.S. Lucy stole this kiss.