Mother’s Day Recipe Ideas, Homemade Pizza Crust, The Blubarb, and More!
Hi! Here’s what’s new, exciting, and thought provoking from our Life is NOYOKE world.
This is the online version of our weekly email newsletter, 5 Good Things. To get it delivered to your inbox on Saturdays, you can subscribe right here.
1. New blog posts, site updates, and other things we’re proud to be sharing
A few new and exciting things to share this week.
- Listen: Here’s a podcast episode you might enjoy. I joined Ashley James again for another hour or so of geeking out about healthy eating (with and without the help of a Vitamix). 121 Delicious, Fast, Affordable, and Healthy Recipes For A Whole Food-Focused Diet with Lenny Gale and Ashley James.
- Read: Finally published for those who may be curious is Our March 2017 Vitamix Usage Report.
- Watch: A quick YouTube vid we just published showing you what I actually say when people tell me they got a Ninja blender. You got a Ninja blender? That’s awesome. Really.
2. New recipe posts we’re drooling over
Pizza dough. From scratch! Really easy and fun to do. We based this Pizza Dough recipe off the one in the Vitamix cookbook, and while there’s room for improvement, it’s a dang good start.
+ From Shalva: Rhubarb is one of those things that you’ve probably only had in pie. I know that was the case for me. Here’s another great use for rhubarb. A delicious rhubarb smoothie we’re calling The Blubarb.
3. Classic recipes we’re re-showcasing
Okay, thought we’d do a roundup of things you might want to consider making Mom next weekend.
Insanely delicious waffles made with lemon and poppyseed.
Or perhaps she’s more of an oatmeal pancake person?
At the very least, you could blend her up this gloriously refreshing watermelon smoothie.
You know what? It really doesn’t matter what you make her. It’s the thought (and effort) that counts. (Inspiration photo courtesy of Cousin Leigh and her 3-yr old green smoothie maker, Nava. Looks like an Apple Carrot Kale Smoothie?)
4. Vitamix news and updates we’re enjoying
I get a bunch of email from UK readers asking about the Ascent. Please reply to this email if you’d like me to keep you in the loop about Vitamix Ascent availability in the UK. Thanks.
+ Four Vitamix FYI’s
1) Now through forever: (Starter Kit 1) Get a New Vitamix Owner Starter Kit with the purchase of any Vitamix through Life is NOYOKE. It’s a quick-start recipe cheatsheet, ebook, $20 coupon to LINY “U”, and Lifetime Priority Support as a thank you gift for buying through us. Read More »»
2) Now through May 14, 2017, save up to $90 on new Vitamix machines and get great deals on Certified Reconditioned. These deals are part of the big Mother’s Day sale. Read More »»
3) During the Mother’s Day Sale, Vitamix.com and Vitamix.ca have site-wide free shipping. If you’d like us to get credit for the sale, be sure to use our → link to vitamix.com before you checkout and look for (06-NOYOKE) near the promotion code box to ensure we get credit. Thanks!
+ Because it’s pretty, this picture of the Vitamix A2500 filled with green juice ingredients.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes Shalva and I (Lenny) hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our affiliate links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.
5. Articles, posts, and products from around the web we’re thinking about
You guys know how much I love Canada, right? My love has grown deeper. London (Ontario) restaurant to open world’s first 24-hour vegan drive-thru.
Okay, all for now.
Thanks and good things,
Shalva and Lenny
P.S. I stole this kiss.