My Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie is no Sandwich
I created this Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie for the kid in me. When I was young, I always thought PB&J sandwiches were overrated.
I preferred a sandwich with turkey or salami. Anything that wasn’t just sticky mush you needed a gallon of milk to wash down.
Then I grew up and realized peanut butter and jelly is, in fact, an incredible combo. They’re just better in other mediums.
PB&J in smoothie form? Fabulous.
Cold and refreshing, this Peanut Butter and Jelly smoothie is that sweet and salty we all crave.
I am shaking my head at the original lede from this post (written in March 2012). It’s horrendous.
Sandwiches? Salami? Ugh.
(These days, I make videos explaining why it’s not worth it to eat meat now.)
And here’s the original featured image. Less absurd, but still not great.
And the second attempt at a featured image sometime around 2014.
It remains an awesome recipe for anyone looking to change up their protein shake.
The PB&J smoothie.
Go make one today! (and tag #lifeisnoyoke !)
Useful tips for Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake
This is just a fancy way of making a new noyoke shake. But a couple of things:
- Use good peanut butter (or just peanuts). None of that Jiffy stuff.
- You can use any type of berries. Remember, though, less is more. (One type of berries is okay. Two types of berries is okay. Three types and you’ve gone overboard.)
My Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie is like school lunch all grown up.
- almond milk (vanilla) - 1 cup (240 ml or 227 grams)
- frozen blueberries - 1/2 cup (65 grams)
- frozen strawberries - 1/2 cup
- peanut butter - 1 Tbsp. (20 grams or 18 ml)
- protein powder - 1 scoop (30 grams)
- (optional) flaxseed - 2 TBSP
- Add ingredients, liquid first.
- Be happy.
NOTE: This is just a fancy version of the new NOYOKE shake.