This smoothie. Wow.
Are you sitting down? Okay.
Here are the highlights of this fancy wedding cake smoothie. Ready?
No, this is not an everyday smoothie (like this one, this one, or this one). But when you make it, your life is going to be forever changed.
And as a bonus, you can feel like you were at the NOYOKE wedding.
A smoothie modeled after our wedding cake
The last recipe we send to the list is always a bit tricky. It needs to be strong, as it’s the last one before we go on break*.
This one, actually, came easily.
“Let’s make a smoothie that tastes like our wedding cake.”
So we did and this thing is outstanding.
To accompany the recipe, here’s a quick video for ya.
LIVE Demonstration (9 minutes)
Fancy wedding cake smoothie
A smoothie that tastes like fancy wedding cake. Hints of lemon, lavender and pistachio.Lemon, Pistachios, Vanilla,
- almond milk - 1 1/2 cups (ideally unsweetened vanilla)
- vanilla protein powder - 1 scoop (we use Vega)
- frozen banana - 1 whole
- pistachios - 1/4 cup (shelled)
- dried, edible lavender - 1/4 tsp
- lemon slice - 1 (garnish-sized slice, with the peel)
- date - 1 whole, pitted
- rolled oats - 1/4 cup
- spinach - 1/2 cup
- ice - 3/4 cup (more for thicker consistency)
Get your blender. You can find lots of information on Vitamix brand blenders right here.
- Add all of the ingredients to container, liquid first.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE!
- Be really happy that you’re drinking liquid wedding cake.
Useful tips for Fancy wedding cake smoothie
Pretty standard vegan Vitamix recipe with one exception: the lavender. You can find it in any natural food grocery store that has seeds and nuts in bulk.
I dont own a vitamix yet, but Id like to try this! What can I substitute for the oats?
Lenny Gale -
Chia seeds work fairly well for binding and thickening. Squash, too. Or, just skip ’em!
Omg I love love love this smoothie!!
Shalva Geffen -
It’s one of our absolute favorites. Kind of like a craft cocktail, but in smoothie form 🙂