Hi! Here’s what’s new, exciting, and thought provoking from our Life is NOYOKE world.
This is the online version of our weekly email newsletter, 5 Good Things. To get it delivered to your inbox on Saturdays, you can subscribe right here.
1. New recipe posts we’re drooling over
Sour cream is back, my friend. Put it all over your potato dishes, nachos, or whatever because this not real sour cream is unreal. 100% dairy-free and 100% delicious. (Warning: serve this as a potato latke topping at your Hanukkah party’s meat dinner and you’ll have some explaining to do.)
+ We made some egg-free sweet potato latkes in our blender, too, because vegan vitamix recipes is what we do. Note: this recipe is not a perfect substitute like most of our veganized recipes. But, it’s pretty close.)
2. Classic recipe we’re re-showcasing
Staying on the theme of Hanukkah, here’s our homemade apple sauce recipe (shown above) to serve with your potato pancakes.
And since this is a 100% secular website, here’s last week’s vegan nog. Absolutely, completely festive, Christmas-y, and delicious.
+ Need to recommend one more time that you make this recently posted Creamy Wild Rice Soup. The best.
3. New blog posts, site updates, and other things we’re proud to be sharing
This is our last 5 Good Things until January 21st 2017. We may post some Vitamix news before that. But on Monday, we’re are going on our honeymoon (Israel and Spain). And then, we are relocating for all of Q1 to our new studio (AirBnB) in Honolulu. Want to follow our adventures? We’ll be posting to our Instagram. Follow us!
4. Vitamix news and updates we’re enjoying
Been a busy “work” month for us. Let’s recap the highlights in bullet form.
- Posted a 13-minute interview with Vitamix CEO Jodi Berg on YouTube.
- Wrote a special guide for Vitamix shoppers in Canada.
- Began working on something pretty exciting you can read about on our Vitamix Guide beginning Dec 26.
- Recorded a podcast with Ashley James of Learn True Health (coming soon!).
- Eclipsed 2,000 followers on our Instagram. (Go Shalvie!)
- Had our Vitamix vs Nutribullet YouTube vid surpass 100k views. (Crazy.)
+ Note that it’s not too late to take advantage of our handpicked Vitamix holiday deals. Most notable: grab a CR 7500 or CR Pro 750 (review) for $100 off and $120 off respectively, you get “The Vitamix Cookbook” for free as a holiday gift. This is a US only special; sorry friends from Canada looking to get a Vitamix.
5. Articles, posts, and products from around the web we’re thinking about
An article to read now and act upon on Jan 1: The Case Against Sugar. (Incidentally, Shalva’s after-dinner catchphrase lately has been “What’s for sugar?”)
And, how about something completely unrelated to food to close out 2016? Perhaps a cat video (featuring a puppy!)? This 45 second video gets me every time.
Okay, all for now. Thanks for reading, and have a great new year.