You gotta try this French Onion Dip
Should we grab some French Onion Dip?
Who hasn’t uttered this phrase during a last-minute grocery run before a party?
Well, now you don’t need to grab it. You can just make it.
This version is fresher, better, and of course, dairy-free.
Here’s our newest vegan Vitamix recipe, French onion dip. And yes, we thought of it before a big party.
Because it was Super Bowl Weekend
It’s Superbowl this weekend and Sunday is all about dips.
French onion dip was an obvious choice. It’s classic, it’s salty, it’s creamy, it’s a perfect vehicle for getting vegetables into our mouths (and also chips, but let’s pretend we didn’t say that).
Prepackaged – no thanks
Easiest way to have french onion dip? Buy it pre-made.
Second easiest? Buy some sour cream and a packet of french onion soup. Then mix.
Third easiest, healthiest, and vegan? Make our recipe for vegan sour cream, add some things you already have in your cabinets. Feel good about your crazy dip-making skills.
To get the right texture here you’re going to want to use a high-powered blender. This is the Vitamix we use daily.
If you make it, share it! Use #lifeisnoyke and show us how you did.
Go make this vegan dip. It’s so easy and your dairy-free friends will be psyched!
Want more timely plant-based Vitamix recipes? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- The Pioneer Woman: How to Make French Onion Dip
Salty, creamy, classic dip, veganized.
- extra firm tofu - 1 pack (420 g)
- apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp. (30 mL)
- lemon juice - 4 Tbsp. (60 mL)
- salt - 1.5 tsp. (9 g)
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp. (30 mL)
- dried chopped onion - 2 Tbsp.
- onion powder - 2 tsp.
- garlic powder - 1 tsp.
- soy sauce - 1 tsp.
- parsley (optional) - 1 Tbsp. (fresh or dried)
- Drain and press the liquid out of your tofu
- Add all ingredients under “Blend” category to Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 2 minutes
- Add blender contents to an airtight container
- Mix in spices and soy sauce (add more for saltier flavor)
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Serve with veggies or chips
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for (Vegan!) French Onion Dip